Wednesday, March 30, 2016

April newsletter

Congratulations to our team that competed in the Moody’s Mega Math Challenge on February 27th. They won honorable mention and a little scholarship money.

I feel that Pi Day was a success. Table Talk Pie company donated 144 pies to help us out and the math teachers donated a few more so we didn’t have to spend too much money.

Our next event is the annual amazing mathematics race. April is National Mathematics awareness month and we celebrate that with the race. This years theme is “The Future of Prediction” you can check it out online http://www.mathaware.org/index.html
If you would like to help in planning the race meet in room 241 after school on Wednesday April 6th. If you can’t make it that day come see me and see what you can do to help.

Since we are approaching the end of the year it is time to get your service hours in to me. You only need 5. If you have been tutoring all year then I have extra hours for you. Let me know what you want to do with the extra hours. If applying them to National Honor Society I can just send an email to Mrs. Young but you need to talk to me. Seniors need to have their hours in to me by May 1st so I can purchase your graduation cord. No hours = no cord! Juniors need to turn in their hours by June 1st.


I want to thank this year’s 3 officers, Dan, Bobby, and Ryan for all their hard work. We have had a great year. I hope to see the same commitment in whoever runs for office next year. If you plan to run for office you need a nomination form that you can get from me and that must be returned by Wednesday April 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment